Monday, April 18, 2011

Madness or what passes for it....

The thought just crossed my mind that, for me, getting through life these days is like living in Acre, not sure what that meant I realized that one of the first actions that I took in Paris was to lay red roses at the site where Jacques de Molay was burned at the stake 3/18/1314...breathing under siege, I think it time to depart for somewhere else...that said..
I am reading Foucault's History of Madness very accessible and on point to what I have been pondering these last few weeks...Are we all mad?  Or simply selfish?  Or is the selfishness that drives another into desperation and poverty a form of madness?  I believe that organized religions are a mass delusion, created to insure comfort and to create those divisions and diversions that mankind seems so in need of.... There are other diversions that seem to abound these days...television, computers, any activity that requires concentration and control of our minds.... So the question that I am considering is....Is any diversion that keeps us from the moment a form of madness?

No comments:

Post a Comment